PlaySafe Productions … We are serious about fun !
PlaySafe Productions is a communications company specializing in innovative approaches for the development, production, programming and promotion of safety for marine, aviation and land based recreational activities. PlaySafe Productions Canada officially launched in 2005, and PlaySafe Productions Corp in the United States in 2008.
PlaySafe has made a difference in recreational safety awareness through a number of large and important projects. PlaySafe primarily focuses on three areas of recreational and occupational safety; land, sea and air. Some of the projects include:
- Development of a safety protocol / educational program for the construction of over lake-ice roads in northern Manitoba
- Creation of two boating safety programs with a particular emphasis on cold water boating and accidental cold water immersion for the State of Alaska
- Development of Cold Water Boot Camp, a comprehensive cold water immersion program directed at Canadian boaters in conjunction with the Canadian Safe Boating Council, Transport Canada Office of Boating Safety, and the National Search and Rescue Secretariat. This program received world wide recognition and helped those who recreate or work on or near the water be more aware of the risks of accidental cold water immersion.
- Creation a similar Cold Water Immersion programs for the National Water Safety Congress in partnership with the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Creation of an American and Canadian integrated media cold water rescue program designed for First Responders called Beyond Cold Water Boot Camp. Subsequent to the launch of Cold Water Boot Camp, Playsafe created the syllabus for cold water workshops and cold water instructor courses for First Responders managed by the Canadian Safe Boating Council
- Creation of www.smartboater.ca , arguably the most comprehensive boating safety web site in the world.
- A vessel specific, targeted broadcast/direct DVD distribution on required and ‘good- to-have aboard’ safety equipment program for American boaters developed in partnership with the United States Power Squadrons and the United States Coast Guard.
- Numerous water and boating safety PSA’s (print, audio and video) and video modules delivered on a variety of broadcast platforms including the Weather Network / Meteo Media and cable networks across Canada
- Creation and Management of a comprehensive national, season long boating safety initiative that featured media launches, development of 4 additional media features, million-dollar (in kind) billboard/poster campaigns, cable network, enthusiast magazine and radio distribution, volunteer solicitation and management, funding for grass roots initiatives and a bench mark research project.
- Initial concept, creation and management of Ready Set Inflate, a world’s record promotional activity designed to heighten awareness about the importance of wearing a lifejacket. The program was adopted in many countries including Canada, the United States, Japan, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Italy and others.
- Series of Swim to Survive promotional programs and PSA’s for the Lifesaving Society.
- Boatingsafety Point of Sale, web based, certificate point of sale marine dealer educational program.
- Creation of www.smartpilot.ca a comprehensive aviation safety web site that includes online recency training for pilot re-qualification.
- Creation of a certificated aircraft egress instructional program for pilots and passengers.
PlaySafe Production’s services include concept development, research, HD video production to broadcast standards, web design/creation, public relations, marketing and promotion.